I am a lover of this here old world, so this Urban Outfitters cartography style pillow instantly caught my eye. As with many things I love, I had to figure out how I could make it for myself. I also wanted to personalize the look, so I crafted a DIY version that we all can create! See original pillow:
• Canvas pillow case (preferably with zipper)
• Polly down pillow insert/pillowform
• Print out of preferred pattern, sized to fit pillow case
• Adhesive transfer web
• Fabric(s) of your choice
• Needle and matching thread (optional)
• Cut out desired printed shapes. I wanted to mimic the Urban Outfitters pillow, so I printed and cut out a map of the world’s continents.
• Place shape cut outs face down and trace shape onto the smooth side of the adhesive transfer web. This will help when you iron the web onto the fabric, making the fabric shape face the correct way when you iron it onto the pillow case.
• Cut out shapes on the transfer web paper.
• Following the transfer web instructions, iron the shapes onto the back face of the patterned fabric you chose to decorate your pillow with.
• Cut shapes out of fabric.
• Iron shapes onto pillow case, according to adhesive transfer web instructions.
• (Optional) for extra security with iron ons, sew a few edges of the shapes down.
• Fill pillow case with pillow form/insert.
Do pillow things. Nap, anyone?
Go forth and make pillow!
xoxo, dolls & dudes