Soy Wax – Quick Facts:
The wax of soy candles is, of course, made from soybeans. What does this mean?
- Soy is a natural product, so it is renewable (source).
- It is not toxic, carcinogenic, allergy-inducing, or a pollutant, like its popular paraffin wax counterpart (source)
- Smells even better because it burns slowly, holds essential oils better, and gradually and continuously release the scent instead overwhelming the room with scent in the beginning only to underwhelm in the end (source)
Healing Natural Fragrances – Quick Info:
Soy candles retain the fragrance of natural essential oils better than other candles. Natural fragrances are better than artificial fragrances because they don’t release toxins into your home and body. Here are a few ways that natural fragrances like the essential oils used in soy candles help to heal and center you.
- The connection between our sense of smell and our brain results in odors being able to heal us by lowering stress level, easing pain, and helping to improve our body both mentally and physically (source).
- Lavender is great for fighting pain (source). At my house, we use it to stop headaches by applying it directly on our bodies (either temple or feet, depending on the type of headache) with a carrier oil (a light oil like almond oil), in a diffuser, and now in soy candles! Lavender is also good for fighting colds, helping you to relax, and encouraging a good night’s sleep.
- Sandalwood has a lot of benefits, as well, such as boosting memory, fighting colds and sore throats, providing mental clarity, and helping you to relax (source).
‘Wax & Oils’ Candles
*flick* *pssssshhhht* *whoooo*
Strike the match, watch as it catches fire. You share that flame with the candle. Then, an aroma fills the room as a candle has never done before. You’re in love. Who knew that a soy candle with natural fragrance could do all of that?
Wax & Oils creates the most fragrant candles! You can smell them as soon as you open the box, long before you light them. They are better for your indoor air quality because of the soy wax that they are made up of. They smell so great because of their ability to hold and disperse the fragrance ingredients better, as mentioned above. Their 100% soy wax candles are eco-friendly because of how the wax burns. A lot of them use mostly natural fragrances, making them less toxic in the fragrance department, too! I love to use the Wax & Oils candles to during a bubble bath, to make the house smell fresh,
Use code SOC18 for 10% off of your next purchase!
xoxo dolls & dudes,