Boston the hairless dog
Boston has not made an official appearance on the blog, but he is our spoiled puppy who loves snuggles and blankets. He is an American Hairless Rat Terrier. 90% of the time this dude is cold! Not having hair can take a big toll on such a little fellow. He has a shirt for every day of the week, so it is actually pretty uncommon to see him without clothes on. Whether he has on a t-shirt or not, he’s always huddled in one of his security blankets. The pup is SMART! He can be seen dragging one of his blankets around the house several times throughout the day.
When I discovered the Shed Defender, I immediately saw it as something Boston could use, but not for its intended purpose. Luckily, they were gracious enough to let us test it out for a whole new reason. You know products are good when they can accomplish their intended purpose and so much more!
The Shed Defender is made from a lightweight recycled material. It is a suit that collects the hair that dogs routinely shed. Even years after my other puppies have passed on, I find their hair in my clothes and blankets. If this existed when they were alive, each of them would have had their own to collect those pesky hairs! The white and tan hairs that stick out on your dark clothes. The hair that no lint brush can seem to eliminate. They seem to never end and never go away. The Shed Defender is a stylish way to catch those hairs.
Other uses for the Shed Defender include:
- reduces allergens and dander
- covers wounds and surgical sites
- protects against insects, dirt, or snow when dogs are outside
It is important to note the FAQs page that their website provides. My first thought upon seeing it was that Boston could have a full-body sweater that he’d never have to take off again! FAQs let me know that wasn’t a good idea. Here are a few to make note of:
- your dog should not wear the Shed Defender for prolonged periods of time. A few hours to a day is the maximum recommended time. Boston wears the Shed Defender between his morning and evening potty breaks.
- it is easy to wash and the hairs it catches get trapped in the lint collector
- it is made from recycled material! “RecoTex is an Eco-care polyester fiber that is approved by Intertek Recylced PET certification and get Green Mark of EPA and meet Oeko-Tex standard 100 certificate.”(via Shed Defender)
Boston wearing his Royal Blue Shed Defender
I really love that the Shed Defender is made with recycled material. I say it all of the time, and I will continue to say it – everything can be done in a sustainable way. He is so cute in this royal blue color! The little smirk on his face lets me know he loves his Shed Defender, too =)
Shed Defender for the win!
xoxo dolls & dudes,