Did you know that you have high end beauty products right in your pantry? Over the years, in my quest to find real solutions to issues such as a flaky scalp, dry hair, acne, and more, I’ve found that natural products and ingredients that we include in delicious meals, for instance, using garlic for its medicinal benefits, have worked the best. That just goes to show that nourishing your skin requires the same amount of attention to detail that nourishing your stomach does. These 5 items are great to consume in tasty meals, as daily supplements to promote better health, and even when you’re sick. They’re also amazing for facials, deep conditioners, or cleansers – plus many natural beauty remedies. Check them out below.
Raid Your Pantry for a DIY Spa Day With These:
Baking soda is good for… baking, and making your fridge stink less… that’s all I can really think of for this ingredient. It has so many great uses for hygiene, though. It can benefit your entire body!
- Brush your teeth or create a mouth wash with with baking soda for a safe alternative to mainstream toothpaste
- Exfoliate your scalp when it is extremely itchy
- Exfoliate everywhere
- Remove product buildup from your hair
- You can make deodorant with it
Olive Oil & Other Natural Oils
- Face wash – light oils like almond oil can be applied to your face and wiped off with a towel to cleanse your face
- Condition & moisturize your skin and hair by adding a natural oil to your styling routine
- Makeup remover – use it the same way as you would any makeup remover – apply to a towel and remove your makeup.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Whether you take a teaspoon everyday or shy away from it because of the smell, using it only when absolutely necessary, ACV has some amazing benefits when you add a little water in the mix. The smell doesn’t last forever, but the results are hard to miss.
- Hair rinse – it clarifies the hair and rids it of product build up. Combine 2 tablespoons with 1 cup of water and pour it on your hair after cleansing it, even after cleansing it with baking soda. let it stay on for 3-5 minutes before rinsing it out. It makes my hair SUPER manageable to the point where I don’t even have to apply conditioner. I use this method 2 times a month at most.
- Toner & Astringent – mix 1 tablespoon into 2 cups of water and apply to face.
- Heal sunburn – mix 1:1 with water and apply with a towel to sunburned areas.
Peanut butter and honey sandwiches or honey in your tea? Either way, we love this edible gold goodness that the bees provide us with – #savethebees. Here are ways that it can be more than a tasty treat!
- Hair mask and conditioner
- Fight & prevent acne with its antibacterial properties
- Opens & unclogs pores to clarify your skin
Besides avocado toast and guacamole, avocados have great benefits for your hair and skin. It’s superfood status is also the reason it is very good for you on the outside, as well. The fats in avocados have great restorative and moisturizing properties. Eat half an avocado with one hand and apply the other half to your face and hair like this:
- Facials & deep conditioner for hair – mix with olive oil and honey or an eggs or simply apply the smushed avocado to your hair skin
The Best Combinations
Honey + Baking Soda 2:1
This combination is a great way to exfoliate your skin one to two times a week. Together, they gently get rid of dead skin while moisturizing and protecting it at the same time.
Honey + Vinegar 1:1
Combine these two and take a tablespoon every few hours when you feel a sore throat coming on. It helps to kill the bacteria and soothe the pain in your throat.
Avocado + Olive Oil + Honey
If you want a really reich conditioner, mixing these 3 together is exactly what you need.
Olive Oil + Baking Soda
1:1.5 EVOO & Baking Soda makes for a great moisturizing & exfoliating scrub.
How many more ways can you combine these fine elements to enhance your spa day? Let me know in the comments below. And don’t forget to pin it!
xoxo dolls & dudes,