Shampoo bars can lessen your waste while helping you to maintain your hair routine. Check out these clean and more sustainable Spring & Vine shampoo bars at a Target near you or online!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Spring & Vine, now available at Target. All views are my own.
What is a Shampoo Bar?
A shampoo bar is shampoo or a hair cleanser in the form of a solid bar. The whole premise is that a bar creates much less waste than plastic bottles that you buy over and over, adding more plastic to a landfill, or to a recycling bin with hopeful thoughts that it be recycled. Spring & Vine is bringing this low waste hair solution near to you at your local Target or online! The packaging is more sustainable than a bottle of shampoo, and the actual shampoo bar is non-toxic, so it is good for both your body and less harmful to the environment.
PIN this post!
Spring & Vine Shampoo Bar Highlights
- Low Waste – the outer cardboard packaging can be recycled (or reused and upcycled) and the plastic film surrounding the bar is a significantly less amount of plastic than a bottle of shampoo
- One Bar = One Bottle – you won’t have to purchase several shampoo bars to make up for one bottle of shampoo. One shampoo bar will typically last as long as one bottle of liquid shampoo.
- Clean Ingredients – the scents are created using essential oils instead of synthetic fragrances. Their different shampoo bars and scents include:
How to Use a Shampoo Bar
- Use water to lather the shampoo bar in your hands
- Sit the shampoo bar aside and apply the lather to your scalp and hair
- Cleanse your hair as normal with the lather you applied
- Rinse and move on to the next step in your hair care routine!
It is ridiculously easy to use a shampoo bar. I think it is important to note, from experience, that applying the bar directly to your hair isn’t the best idea.
My Experience with Spring & Vine Shampoo Bars
The Spring & Vine shampoo bars were super easy to use and created a nice lather. I used two different bars for one washing session – Scalp Soothing Tea Tree & Mint for my scalp and Moisturizing Oatmeal for all over! Each bar was so beautifully scented and not overpowering at all, which is best for me. I am sensitive to scents, even natural scents if they are overpowering. After parting and washing each section of my hair, I detangled it and styled it, as usual. My hair was soft, and my twist-out curl pattern was well-defined, which let me know that my hair loved the Spring & Vine shampoo bars. The curls don’t lie!
Shampoo bars are a great switch to make in your everyday life to help you reduce waste associated with your beauty routine. Naturally created with simple ingredients, and intentionally packaged to reduce waste, Spring & Vine gets the Old World New stamp of approval!
Try Spring & Vine Shampoo Bars at your local Target now or grab them online!