The American Heart Association wants you to wear red on National Wear Red Day to help raise awareness about cardiovascular disease. I took a few thrifting trips and searched my closet to share some fun styles with you – thrift with me and see how I style my finds.
National Wear Red Day
Friday February 7, 2020 is National Wear Red Day!
Quick Facts About Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart disease and stroke are not just a man’s disease.
- Cardiovascular disease kills one woman every 80 seconds and takes more lives than all forms of cancer combined
- To treat, beat and prevent heart disease and stroke, women should understand family health history, know their five key personal health numbers, and make healthy behavior changes like moving more, eating smart and managing blood pressure.
How YOU Can Help
- Wear RED and tell your friends and family why – encourage them to wear red, too!
- Start a donation page on WearRedDay.org and encourage your friends and family to donate throughout the month of February.
- Encourage your friends and family to get smart about their heart health.
Thrift Store Finds for Wear Red Day
I went thrifting to find red clothes, and I found a few in my closet, as well. I have a red outfit for all of my moods now. Thrift with me and see how I style my finds! What will you wear on National Wear Red Day to show your support?
- Look 1 – Thrifted dress (retro) and mini skirt (NWT – new with tags) both from Texas Thrift.
- Look 2 – Sustainable dress and upcycled belt (Laura Zabo recycled accessories review) made from an old bicycle tire.
- Look 3 – Secondhand hoodie and sustainable hemp shoes.
- Look 4 – Thrifted shirt from Thrift Giant and thrifted/secondhand pants.